Donuts

Donuts
From Trigun

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I Survived!!

I survived my first day back. Well, I knew that I would, however, having only 2.5 hours of sleep can make any ordinary task interesting or difficult to say the least. In me, it was more like, hyper. This is the kind of hyper where if I start talking fast enough, I sometimes sound like I have been sucking on helium. Hehheee.

So far, I like my classes. The Profs seem reasonable and the work isn't that bad. In fact, I am going to be trying to Honors projects for two of my classes. This means more work. You people are saying I am crazy. I thought I established that I was crazy when I said I was converting to Judaism (modern orthodox style). Anyway, there are no honors classes at the college, however, between a student and a professor an honors project can be agreed on. It is more work for the prof, as well as student, thus the reason I have not heard about it until now. This is disappointing since I was an honors/AP student in high school. I am very surprised, disappointed, and vexed that my advisor didn't say anything about the Honors Experience on campus. She knew of my current academic standings. Grrr-bles.

In other news, in my first class, a guy nearly toppled, desk and all, into me. That was interesting. Yes, a very interesting way to meet people. In my second, class I went for a tour of the education department, found rooms full of interesting gadgets and toys, joined a club, ate cookies (yum cookies) and ran into a hardcore Rennie who reads OOTS (Order of the Stick) {online comic...inserting link here.... www.giantitp.com }. Yay!! In my last class of the day, I found out about the honors program.

I managed to get through work and going out with a friend I haven't seen in about 3 weeks.

Today, I went to work nearly dead. I HATE ALLERGIES!!!! (and my . ) I am alive now. I started feeling better after being medicated. hate medicine, but it is a nessassary evil. After work I met with my Rabbi and had a delightful meeting with him. Yes, I said delightful. Those of you who know me, know I hate meetings with anyone. Fun gatherings is one thing, hanging out is one thing, meetings are another and they are scary in my work. So, I had a delightful meeting and I will have a seat for Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur. YAY!!!! YIPPIE!!!

Then I went to the used bookstore. I love books. Spent money. One cannot simply go into a bookstore and not buy books. Then I went to a discount store Ollies. I found more books. I love books. Spent more money on books, a new pillow, a curtain (to match one at home), and nice, nice 300 count Egyptian cotton sheets. They are so soft....**off in my own little world**

Sorry about that. Yes, the sheets are soft, that's why I got them. I collect swords and books. I also love curtains and sheets. In general, I love soft, pretty fabric. Thus, the reason why I love curtains and sheets. :)

So, I've got school work to do. Rome to watch. Dinner to eat. A bed to make. And whatever else my heart fancies.

Toodles.

No comments: