Donuts

Donuts
From Trigun

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Who Am I to You? (poem)

Who am I to you?
A girl lost, lonely, occasionally blue
Or a woman crying in the night
Too tired to wait till the morning light

What song is there to be sung?
Where upon the Hangman’s gallows the words were hung
Disconnected from this evolving world
No longer holding the gleam of gems and the luster of pearls

Where is the heart of love?
It has been carried away by the springtime Dove.
‘Twas to be stolen in Blind-man’s blink of an eye
Leaving one empty with naught to do but to sigh

When will day break anew?
Not ‘til the heart song rings out true
Shattering, destroying these abysmal walls
Forcing back the wretched tears that so long to call

How is it that I still stand?
The ground trembles in this shadowy land
For no song, no heart nor truth bear credence to reign
But, here I stand soaked in this lonesome pouring rain.

Go where thou wishes, but leave me free
For I am solidly planted, as stalwart as tree
And through cat’s eyed gleam this world I do see
What will be, what shall be, what shall dwell in that place that is me

Who am I to you?
I am what I am to me.
No more, no less,
With song in shadow full of heart and balance of truth.

No comments: