Donuts

Donuts
From Trigun

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

General News

As of this moment in time, less than eight hours from now, I will be standing before the Queens' Beit Din. They will decide tomorrow if I have learned enough to be allowed to live my life as a Jew, meaning Shomer Shabbat and Kosher or if I must go home and continue my studying. The probably answer I will receive tomorrow is that I need to go home and continue studying. Most people who convert go before the Beit Din twice. I do not see myself as being privy to special circumstances. All in All, it is up to HaShem. Whatever happens tomorrow, it is all in his hands and I will abide by his judgment.

In recent past news, I attended the wedding of two friends. It was a great deal of fun. Loved the dancing and food, which is always good. I wish them much Joy and Happiness throughout their years together. Mazel Tov!!

I have also managed to get to the MET (metropolitan museum of art). I saw the musical instruments, 19th century paints, the statuaries, Greek and Roman art and all the love galleries of furniture. I sort of felt like I was in the Mixed-up Files of Basil E. Frankweiler. I rather enjoyed that. Next time I go, I get to bring my camera and take pictures, all dressed up of course. ::smiling:: That will be fun.

Moving progress: Well, I now officially live inside the Eruv. My queen sized bed made it my new apartment. Home is where my bed is. I find it rather difficult to sleep in a bed that is not my own. I can survive with just my bed. I can eat, sleep, watch movies, blog, write, read, IM and whatever else I wish from there. I love my bed. It is so comfy.
The old place looks bare. I will be taking pictures of the shell that was once my home. I stood in my barren living thinking, "is this how my body will feel once when I die". It felt so cold and uninviting, so foreign, so estranged from all the memories made there. They were just empty walls. Perhaps empty walls that if given the ability could tell some rather interesting stories of a dragon and her friends watching movies and eating popcorn.

In the not so distant future, I will be attending another wedding this weekend. This one is in Maryland. It will be fun to get away on last time before going back to school on Monday. Wow, school starts up again rather quickly. Where did the month go?? Oh, yeah. I spent it moving.

Other things of note: I started knitting again. I am making myself a lavender scarf. I have one or two mistakes, but that's ok. I work on the Japanese principle when it comes to art. Perfection can only be held by God, thus each piece of Japanese Art has a flaw in it. So, the flaw is artist design.
Also, I started reading A Great and Terrible Beauty. I am enjoying the novel so far. I look forward to reaching the end so I can pick up the next book in the series.

Well, I need to attempt to get some sleep before going before three rabbis that get to decide my fate tomorrow. Actually, HaShem gets to decide that fate through these three Rabbis and the words that come out of my mouth.

Laylah Tov,

No comments: