Donuts

Donuts
From Trigun

Monday, January 21, 2008

Update, Update, read all about it!

Well, it has been brought to my attention that I am neglecting my blog again. This seems to happen a great deal. Life gets in the way and I cannot seem to find the time to write. ~sigh~ Oh, well, perhaps I will do better in the future.

Let’s see, the last time I wrote it was hours before going before the beit din. This was my first meeting with them. It was nerve racking enough, even though my rabbi told me there was nothing to worry about. My rabbi could not be there so, he gave me a letter, which I promptly gave to the Rabbinic consultant, who took the letter to the head of the beit din. Well, I was told a few short months. That was at the beginning of January. Hopefully by Purim or at least Pesach I will be Jewish. This is my sincere hope. At the moment I am studying.

At the moment, I should be unpacking stuff, settling in. However, here I am writing. This is more fun. Eh…maybe not. Decorating can be a great deal of fun.

Yesterday, I put together a cabinet for my dishes and was told that I was being unladylike. Well, I rather be handy any day than unladylike. It fits me. I can be ladylike when I want to and spectacularly, too. Yet, I am the kind of girl who thinks velvet and steel go together quite nicely.

Classes start today. So, at 6:30 tonight I am back to the daily grind. I do have two of my classes online which will allow me do work more. Speaking of work, I have an initial interview to set up a nanny kind of gig this afternoon and I have another call that I am waiting on. Between the two childcare jobs, in addition to my job at the library, I should be able to make the ends meet, which I must add is always a plus in this world.

Recent History:

I have been watching episodes of Firefly again. Love the show. Hate Fox for canceling it. Hooray for the Serenity movie!!

I have been listening to Rochi Lerner’s Torah Sessions on OU Radio. Link: www.ouradio.org. She is an amazing person and has some great insight on torah. I urge all who are interested into checking it out.

Two more of my friends got married to each other. The wedding was amazing. The Shabbat proceeding was lovely too. I really wish I was still in Maryland. I had such a wonderful time there. Oh, well, a dragon’s got to come back to reality sometime. I look forward to my next opportunity to get away from Allentown.

I am currently reading a bunch of things. Textbooks just shoved their way to the top of the list. I am also reading A Great and Terrible Beauty. I finished the 2000 year old man by Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks. That was delightful and really funny. I finally finished reading Trickster’s Queen by Tamora Pierce. I enjoyed the book highly, like I have all her other stuff. I have Terrier to read. I have read a bunch of kids books and I am working on my Hebrew and Jewish studies.

If I am not up on Youtube listening to Final Fantasy music, I am listening to the Sweeney Todd soundtrack. In addition to that I put a smattering of Josh Groban and Phantom of the Opera in the mix. At this current moment, I am hung up on the song 1000 words from FF 10-2. I keep replaying it over an over from youtube. It does serve a non-evil purpose.

This should be a good enough update to satisfy those who have complained I disappeared.

Be Well!

1 comment:

Izgad said...

Is going on a rampage and eating the professors a viable option?